Christmas is almost here! I keep checking my stocking each day for goodies from Santa. Mommy hides my gifts from her until Christmas Eve. You break into gifts early one year and suddenly you can’t be trusted. Geez! Now I know some doggie parents out there don’t shop as early as mommy. For those who are still looking for doggie gifts, I thought I’d share my list of favorite gifts to receive.
1. Bully sticks. Any kind of bully sticks. Short, long, thin, thick, straight, braided. Lots of bully sticks!
2. Bacon rolls!
3. Puppy Kisses! I tolerate baths for these.
4. Mother Hubbard P-Nuttier Biscuits.
5. Atomic Treat Ball. I love flipping this around trying to get the treats out.
6. Snoop Interactive Dog Toy. This might be my favorite toy! It has a deep crevice in the middle for treats. I love trying to get the treats out by flipping, tossing, and nudging the toy.
7. Thinkers Duck Sticks. These don’t last as long as bully sticks but I love them the same! They also come in chicken.
8. Zukes Minis. These are great for when I’m practicing commands & tricks. So many flavors!
9. Tricky Treat Ball by Omega Paw. It takes some thinking to get these treats out.
10. Himalayan Dog chew. It lasts a long time. I nibble on it over days.
11. Pet Dreams Cratewear Plush 3 Piece set. I love this! I don’t like regular kennels after being in a shelter cage. Mommy bought this wonderful kennel set and now my kennel feels like a plush, safe den to me. I love going in it now when I want some alone time. It comes in different colors.
12. Petzlife TickZ – suppose to work on fleas and ticks. Mommy just bought this a couple days ago. It gets sprinkled on my food for 5 days and doesn’t irritate my skin like the spot treatments.
Recently, I was contacted by JAKKS Pacific, Inc about doing a free product review/giveaway for their line of premium treats for KONG. They sent 3 products for my evaluation. I really value my followers, so I decided to have Suki try 2 of the products (see my reviews here) and give away the other one: Bacon Meaty Flavor Chewy Bites (click here for KONG’s product information page):
Now I want to add my disclaimer here:
- The treats were sent to me free of charge.
- JAKKS Pacific, Inc initiated contact with me.
- I was not paid one dime for the giveaway.
- The giveaway winner will be picked randomly by me, not JAKKS Pacific, Inc.
- The giveaway is completely free of charge, no obligation, no shipping costs, etc.
- Your personal information will not be shared with JAKKS Pacific Inc. or any other company beyond what you show as public on my blog. The product will be shipped from me.
Ok the necessary stuff is out of the way, so on to the fun part: GIVEAWAY! Suki isn’t a pet to me…she’s my fur baby and part of the family. My life is better for having her in it…although I could do without her crack of dawn wake up calls. LOL. I love talking about Suki, and I’m sure you feel the same about your fur babies. So I thought it would be great to hear how your fur baby has impacted your life. Just post a comment to this post, and I’ll randomly pick a winner. I’ll accept entries until 12PM CST on 6/29/13. The winner will be announced later that day.
Since this is a contest, of course there have to be rules:
- Only 1 entry per household.
- Entries must be received by 12 pm CST on Saturday, June 29th to be considered.
- Winner will be randomly picked by me and announced on June 29th.
- I would love to post a review of the product from the winner, but there’s no obligation.
- Neither I nor JAKKS Pacific Inc will be responsible for any adverse reaction or injury from the product.
- Product will be sent via United State Postal Service.
- I am not responsible for lost mail, damaged packaging, or incorrect mailing information received from winner.
- Any spam, offensive, or inappropriate entries will be deleted and not eligible for the giveaway.
I look forward to reading your responses and sharing some treats with your fur baby!
Looking for a healthy, low fat dog treat? Look no further!
Yogurt Pops to the Rescue!
I like being able to reward Suki with a snack here & there, but I also don’t want her putting on the pounds after our long journey to get her into shape. She also has a very sensitive stomach, so I have to be careful what I feed her. One day I decided to freeze some all natural, non-fat, plain yogurt in an ice cube tray and voila, yogurt pops! They’re a healthy low fat crunchy treat that she loves! She runs to the freezer at the mention of “yogurt pop”. The probiotics in the yogurt also aid her digestion and sensitive tummy. A 32 oz carton of yogurt is under $3, so it’s a cost-effective treat too. Just make sure to use plain yogurt, since the flavored ones have quite a bit of sugar in them. For added flavor, I sometimes freeze slices of fresh fruit in the yogurt. I’ve found the silicone ice cube trays are the easiest for popping them out once frozen.
Suki’s Paw Rating (1 to 4 paws)
These treats are my favorite! Their smell is so enticing! I make bath time difficult for mommy unless she gives me Skinny Minis during the process. I could eat these all day long!
I love these chewy treats! They’re gluten-free, low-calorie, and have added Vitamin A, C, and E. Each treat is only 3 1/2 calories and small in size, so they’re great for training sessions without adding a lot of calories. Suki gains weight easily, so a low-calories treat is a must!
I also use these in treat dispensing toys for play time or as a distraction when I’m leaving the house. Their size is perfect for all of Suki’s toys except the Nina Ottosson Pyramid (smallest hole ever seen in a toy). The chewy texture takes her a little longer to eat whereas she basically inhales crunchy treats. I like that Skinny Minis use organic fruits and vegetables for ingredients versus fattening ingredients found in most treats. Suki loves them, and I feel good about giving her a healthy treat. They come in 3 flavors, and Suki recommends all 3!
Suki’s Paw Rating (1 to 4 paws)
Yum, yum, yum! Love my raw bones! Nothing else exists when have one I…including mommy. But shhh, don’t tell her.
Being previously neglected, Suki’s teeth weren’t that great when I adopted her. She had some tarter on them. Due to how she reacted to anesthesia with her spaying, I don’t want to put her under for a teeth cleaning unless absolutely necessary. I brush her teeth daily, but also heard raw bones can help clean teeth. I decided to check it out for myself and bought the Dag Bones frozen raw bones. Now let me state a very important thing…DO NOT FEED COOKED BONES. They can splinter and cause internal injuries. If feeding bones, please only use frozen raw ones.
I usually buy the Dag Bag version which is the center cut femur bones. They have a good amount of meat, marrow and protein. I tried the knuckles, but Suki refused to stop eating it which led to an upset stomach (lab/beagle mix = furry pig), since they have much more meat on them. I buy them from a local pet boutique, so I haven’t tried the online ordering from the company. My local store also carries raw bones by Tuckers, but I’m not as big a fan. They don’t have as much meat on them as the Dag Bones, and Suki was done with them much sooner. I’ve noticed a big difference in her teeth, and so has the vet! The chewing action against the bones has scraped away much of her tartar. As an added bonus…they entertain her for quite awhile! That means I can actually post blog entries without enduring the battle of Suki vs. the laptop. In fact, she just finished chewing on one for awhile and is now fast asleep! Apparently, it’s exhausting work to clean a bone.