Monthly Archives: May 2015
So I was at a party recently, and of course we started talking about our fur babies. I mentioned products I liked and disliked, and people were jotting them down (well…typing into smartphones). Yes, I love to research products, check blogs, peruse reviews, and may even go a tad overboard, but then others don’t have to. So why not share my “love them” & “never agains” with Suki’s followers too? I’ll continue adding to the list as I have good or “what on earth was I thinking” experiences.
- LOVE THEM
- Sporn No Pull Harness – Suki is a little Houdini in every other harness I’ve tried.
- TagWorks Blingz Collection Personalized ID tags at Petsmart – cute & durable
- Arm & Hammer Diaper Pail – use it for full poop bags. Garage no longer smells.
- Unrefined Coconut Oil – great for skin & coat
- Petzlife TickZ natural flea & tick preventative – powder that goes on food & no harmful chemicals
- Dremel 200 Series 2 Speed – economical model great for filing nails even for dogs like Suki who becomes a WWE wrestler during nail trims
- Omega Paw Tricky Treat Ball – still one of Suki’s favorites & durable
- Simple Solution or Earth Rated poop bags
- Flat Out Dog Leash by Ruff Wear – adjustable handle can be hand held leash or waist worn leash
- Nature’s Miracle Stain & Odor Remover – better than anything else I tried –
- Kong Zoom Groom brush – great dry or wet
- Bamboo Pet Collapsible Silicone Travel Bowl
- Kyjen Outward Hound Quick Access Treat Bag – mesh pocket on outside and interior pocket for phone/keys. Can access treats quicker than other bags but stays closed so no spilling.
- Nina Ottosson Dog Twister toy – can adjust difficulty, Suki loves it
- Our Pets Atomic Treat Ball – durable & keeps Suki entertained
- PediPaws Nail Trimmer – spend the money on a real dremel
- Any standard step in harness at a pet store – I haven’t tried Gentle Leader
- Jolly Pets Monster Mouth toy – hard to get treats out & Suki gets bored quickly with it
- Bags-To-Go poop bags at Walmart – No, No, No!! Way too thin. Felt like I was touching poop.
- FURminator brush – useless & painful on short haired dogs no matter what store employee tries to tell you
- Citronella bark collars – Suki emptied the whole canister and kept barking. Didn’t phase her a bit.
- Nina Ottosson Dog Magic puzzle toy – the bones have holes in top & Suki kept getting stuck on her nails
- Nina Ottosson Dog Maze toy – Suki likes it, but not very durable. I’m always picking up torn off pieces of plastic from it.